The Safe Routes Partnership Walk, Ride, & Roll Series aims to increase awareness and skills while inciting action to improve safety around schools for Safe Routes to School programs through a three-part webinar series and publications sharing different school environments, safety considerations, and promising practices.
Supporting Safe Routes and Sparking Joy Through Community Partnerships
February 7, 2024, 2 pm ET
Join us as we explore creative partnerships that support safety and spark joy in Safe Routes programs. Whether you are looking for new outreach venues, evaluation experts, or fun ways to "shake up" your program, this webinar will show you how to find the right partner to fit your needs!
A Safer System for Student Travel: Enhancing Safe Routes to School Through Vision Zero
September 20, 2023, 2 pm ET
Vision Zero is an international movement to eliminate all traffic fatalities and serious injuries. We still have a long way to go, but new approaches to Vision Zero are offering more opportunities for Safe Routes to School integration. Learn how the Vision Zero Safe System approach can be applied to school settings and explore tips for partnering with Vision Zero staff. Achieving Vision Zero will take cooperation from everyone, so let’s find ways to work better together!
Back to Basics: An Introduction to Safe Routes to School
October 19, 2022, 2 pm ET
New to Safe Routes to School – or just in need of a refresher? Learn about the benefits of Safe Routes to School, the 6 E’s framework, ideas for initial education and encouragement activities, and more!
Curbing the Car Loop: Making Arrival and Dismissal Work for Everyone
March 15, 2023, 2 pm ET
It’s the best of times. It’s the worst of times. That’s right, we’re talking about school arrival and dismissal! Join us as we discuss how to tackle these tricky times of the day. We’ll explore arrival/dismissal observation protocols, school street activations, demonstration projects, and creative ideas to encourage more walking and rolling.
Let Them Lead: Engaging High School Students in Safe Routes Projects
May 10, 2023, 2 pm ET
High Schools are now eligible for federal Safe Routes to School funding and that means new ways to connect teens to Safe Routes to School issues. Join us as we learn how to build trust, get program buy-in, and give teens the tools to lead their own projects.
- Teaming Up on Road Safety: Actionable Guidance for Integrating Safe Routes to School and Vision Zero Programs
- Engineering Solutions Guide for Safe Routes to School
- Building Blocks Toolkit: A Guide to Starting and Growing a Strong Safe Routes to School Program
- Keep Calm and Carry On to School: Improving Arrival and Dismissal for Walking and Biking
- Walking, Riding, and Rolling for a New Generation: How to Partner with Youth on Safe Routes Projects
- Supporting Safety and Sparking Joy Through Community Partnerships
- Safe Routes to School: A Primer for Governors and State Agency Leaders
- Safe Routes to School: A Primer for Local Elected Officials
- Safe Routes to School: A Primer for Municipal Transportation Departments
- Safe Routes to School: A Primer for Regional Governments
- Safe Routes to School: A Primer for School Boards, Superintendents, and Principals
- Safe Routes to School: A Primer for Student Transportation Departments
- Safe Routes to School: A Regional Government Primer for Practitioners
- Safe Routes to School: A Primer to Understanding the Role of Local Elected Officials
- Safe Routes to School: A Primer to Understanding the Role of the Municipal Transportation Department
- Safe Routes to School: A Primer to Understanding the Role of the Student Transportation Department
- Safe Routes to School: A Primer to Understanding the Role of the Governors and State Agency Leaders
- Safe Routes to School: A Primer to Understanding the Role of School Boards, Superintendents, and Principals